Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mercy Posting for Mr. Ezan Ramen

"... Think he's suffered enough.."

Hahha... after about a month of having the 'DEAD' picture of him there, I also think its about time we let EZan RAmen off the hook by uploading a new posting.. Although there has not been anything interesting that happened at the shop... but I figured maybe just a little posting to let people know what the hell has been happening to the magnificent coffeeboy!!

Well, over the past month or so the challenges of running a restaurant are becoming more and more real to me. From the heat....to stall management....bickering between stall owners..to MIA Hokkien Mee vendors....to Health Inspectors... to shortage of sugar issues... to very sick morning cashier....to my car having to be in the workshop for almost a week!!

Heres what went down.. After cracking the problem for almost 6 months, I think the efforts have paid off a little (however not enough...). The heat level as decreased but not to my expectations. Am thinking of investing in some super duper canggih system which extracts the heat out of the shop.. (and maybe send the heat directly into the competitors shop!!...hahaha)

Have been hunting also for some new stalls to replace the ones that couldn't make it. Got in a new stall called "Weng Foong Homemade Noodles"... looks a little like 'Pan Mee' but I think it tastes better than that.. Here's a bad picture of it... Taste better than it looks!!..hahha..

Another thing that I will never understand if the phenomenon of "If one stall serves fish balls...the other stalls cannot serve fish balls as well..." I mean...WTFF!!! No ones ever heard of 'competition brings out the best'?? If your shit is good...means your shit is good la!...KNNCCB!
Sigh...but in all tradition of a Chinese coffeeshop....we refrain from having clashes la. So....the standing rule is.... "You can serve fish balls if your preparation is different".... (so go use your head on how to make your BALLS different"

Anyway, as some of you may have noticed... I've been closed every night after 11.30pm. This is due to the fact that my anchor stall at night has been MIA. I really can't believe that someone can be this irresponsible as to disappear without letting people know WTF has happened. Just left...like that...leaving all his stuff here. Sickening. Like a little child who doesn't know what is proper and improper behaviour.. KNNCCB!!
Solution : Find a new anchor stall for the midnight business! Maybe a real 'Tai Chow'...with dishes and rice and etc...

Then the health inspectors came one Saturday. They even called me to make an appointment!!... So much for spot checks eh?.. But as I always intend my shop to be an 'A' grade coffeeshop...I was ready for them..
So I said to her on the phone... "Boleh datang Check....takde hal... hari hari pun bersih!!" hahaha.....
So she came with her team...and did her rounds...and said "Wah...bersih juga ah!"
Wah so happy...!!! But then....my happiness was shortlived when she asked... "Semua orang dah dapat suntikan TY2??"... I didn't have an answer for her... (fuck!!..) TY2 is a type of vaccine that protects the food handlers from Typhoid and thus protecting the customers also. My staff has the injection...but some of the stall owners didn't... So I was given a warning letter and 7 days to make sure everyone has had the jab..
So I'm proud to say... Restoran Two Billion is now 'Typhoid Protected'!!!




1 comment:

  1. Very well done. At least there are people who still cares. Why not get them to wear face masks and hand gloves too. More hygeinic. Just a suggestion.

    Cheers,
    A random bloghopper who've just encountered stained toilet seats in a nice bar on a rainy afternoon.

    ReplyDelete